Saturday, August 19, 2006

PRS

Okay so the new addition is a Paul Reed Smith 20th Anniversary Edition with a translucent charcoal finish. Here's a couple of pics I've taken this weekend.



and one of the amp for good measure :)


It is a sweet, sweet guitar with some serious growl when playing deep (Thanks to the Dragon II humbuckers). It's got a low, fast-action neck and plays very easily. The only complaint I would have is that the pickup selector knob is a little funny it's a dial marked from 1 to 10 like a normal volume or tone knob but you can only select from 5 to 10 on it. It's a pure memorization (or aural) task to identify what pickups you have active. I think, playing wise, I would have preferred a three-way toggle with one or two push-pull tone pots, but the three black knobs to create a nice look. Once you start playing on the beast though all that melts away. You have a killer sounding combination that can play the heaviest of rock but also can mellow out with a mild gain setting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krishen said...

That shot of the head/neck is even better than the first one (which was already good)!

Nice review! Yeah, that 1-10-but-really-only-5-10 thing threw me too, wonder if there was a reason for it, or if it was just aesthetics. Either way as you say it hardly matters if it sounds so great. :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger bartenderpho said...

You should see how many of the head neck shots I took...mostly I forgot I had turned macro on and couldn't get it to focus...doh. I realize now that first was incredibly absolutely lucky...and it drove it me to make it better.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home