Thursday, September 22, 2005

Online

Well it's been a loooong time since I've had a presence online so lets start with a little social experiment. I'll keep everybody up to date on who finds my blog that knows me outside of cyberspace and when and of course how. In the meantime I'll post on any variety of topics that crosses my mind. Like today's: Is maintaining an anonymous blog even possible?

My guess is no. Somebody will find it and make the connection sooner or later. I am curious however by who and how it gets found. Random blog search (likely)? Word of mouth (not so likely)? Mistyped URL (REALLY not likely)? or a search of other pages in google or yahoo turning up mine (most likely)? What kind of information would lead to a discovery...geographical location(s) probably would be a big one. Proper names of people and companies are another good one to search on. Hobbies are probably pretty safe unless they're unique.

Ohh yeah here's why I've decided to try this out, direct from Wired . There's a guide for cyber-dissidents in other countries to help them maintain anonymous blogs from their oppressive governments. Don't know about you but that sounds like a good way to be on the wrong side of a set of bars, though I imagine things are probably worse without the guide. Anyone wanna bet how long before this is banned in China? Might grab some hints for posting about work though. Anyways enough rambling, back to the salt mine :). I promise to start posting some odds and ends such as hobbies and interests and the world's impact on such things. Also this place needs some pictures :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home